June 25, 2019 — Latest Bitcoin Updates
In May and June 2019, Bitcoin’s dollar value rebounded handsomely. In just 3 months, it rose from $3850 to $11,800/BTC. «— and above $13,500 just after publication
Pundits point to Facebook’s release of a whitepaper and framework for Libra, a proprietary coin. They speculate that the Libra announcement legitimizes crypto. It’s possible, but Libra is a very different animal. It’s neither decentralized nor permissionless. In fact, it is not a blockchain coin or even a cryptocurrency).
But, it is folly to attribute this recovery to particular events. Few fundamentals can be identified. This time, there is no ETF or government action that points to fresh investor interest. It could even be increased organic adoption. There are just too many moving parts to gauge short term movement.
The Bitcoin and crypto posts linked below are shorter than articles here at Wild Duck, because they are answers to reader questions. But, this also means that they are simple, clear and digestible…
- What is the point of a stable coin?
- Who claims to be Satoshi? Could he be the one?
- Roadblocks to adoption
- Bitcoin –vs– Gold
- Can you glean price trend from past movement?
- What are the benefits?
- Why is Bitcoin so volatile? Will fluctuations abate?
- Is the halving bad? Does it dis-incentive mining?
- Are some cryptos non-starters or scams?
- Is cryptocurrency a bit like BitTorrent?
- The race to acquire one bitcoin: Time is running out *
- Cryptocurrency: Operating System for Capitalism *
* Last 2 articles are from other columnists.